Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Every morning in Serengeti...


a zebra wakes up and prays to her God, "Please, God, keep me safe today so I can raise my foal to be an independent adult next year."


--around the same time, a lioness wakes up and prays to her God, "Please, God, find me a nice zebra for a meal today so I can raise my cubs to be independent adults next year." 

a gazelle wakes up and prays to her God, "Please, God, keep me safe today so I can raise my fawn to be an independent adult next year."

--a cheetah wakes up and prays to her God, "Please, God, find me a nice gazelle for a meal today so I can raise my cubs to be independent adults next year." 

Whether there is one or multiple God(s) of Serengeti, one thing is for sure - not ALL these prayers would be answered.  (Having far fewer predators than prey certainly helps!)  

In reality, I saw no animals praying in the African Savanna.  In fact, they didn't necessarily sleep at night either.  Zebra and Wildebeest, Gazelles and Impalas were constantly on the move, grazing and keeping away from their predators.  They went about their business as best as they could, and that was that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment